The period of time just preceding the millennium is named the “last days”. It is the specified time, period, or age in which the necessary prerequisites to the Second Coming will occur.
The last days are the days of the dispensation of the fullness of times, the days when the signs of the Second Coming are shown forth, the days of “restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.” (Acts 3:21.) We are now living in that period of time, and the great restitution (or restoration) is in process.
1. There will be false prophets deceiving the people. Satan will have his followers. Happening now.
2. There will be priestcrafts: (2 Nephi 26: 29) He commandeth that there shall be no apriestcrafts; for, behold, priestcrafts are that men preach and set bthemselves up for a light unto the world, that they may get cgain and dpraise of the world; but they seek not the welfare of Zion. Happening now.
3. The restitution of all things, mentioned above, (Acts 3:21.) is the Restoration of the Fullness of the Gospel, the Restoration of the True Church, namely, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, as the Lord Himself set up among the Former Day Saints, with Prophets and Apostles, and Modern continuous Revelation being received for our direction, meaning the Lord is the same, Yesterday, Today and Forever, and the Aaronic and Melchizedek Priesthoods were restored to the earth. Continuing now.
4. A New book of Ancient Scripture coming forth with this church, (Ezekiel 37: 16-17), Another Witness of Jesus Christ (The Stick of Ephraim) to witness with the Bible (The Stick of Judah). This now, today, fulfills scripture that both would be ONE in our hand. Has happened.
5. A Messenger will precede the Messiah’s Second Comings, this was Joseph Smith. John the Baptist was the messenger for the Lord’s Mortal ministry. John returned personally to ordain Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery on 15 May 1829 giving him the Aaronic Priesthood, and then later, Peter, James and John came and ordained them to the Melchizedek Priesthood. Has happened.
6. Elijah the Prophet will Return: This happened 3 April 1836 in the Kirtland Temple in Ohio. (Malachi 4: 5) This was the first temple in this dispensation. He brought and restored the Sealing Keys to Joseph Smith which began the Spirit of Genealogical Research and Temple work for the dead which is in full swing today and will be throughout the Millennium. Has happened.
7. The Elements will be in commotion, (D&C 88: 87-91) Famines, pestilences, earthquakes, etc. Now happening, and on the increase. Listen to Apostle Dallin H. Oaks, April Conference, 2004.
8. Plagues and Pollutions, many without natural affection. (2 Timothy 3: 1-4). Without natural affection also read (Genesis 19), (D&C 84: 96-97), Revelation 16: 2). There is a General decline in Morality. Loss and Lessening of Standards and Values. Blasphemy and Mockery of Sacred Things. Now Happening.
9. Satan’s Assault on the Family. The Father of Lies (Satan) and his attack on the family leading to the Breakdown of Families. Absentee Parents, children not supervised. (Some, no fault of their own, God is fair). Genocide of the Unborn. Now Happening.
10. Conspiring Men in the Last days. (D&C 89: 4) Satan’s Slavery of Drugs and Stimulants. Now Happening.
11. Secret Combinations in the Last Days. (D&C 1: 14-16; 84: 49-53; Ether 8: 18-25) (D&C 38:13; 1 Timothy 4: 1-2; D&C 1: 14) Daniel said this (Daniel 2: 44; and D&C 65:2; D&C 71:9) Also getting control of the government. Smile, God’s work will not fail. Now Happening.
12. The Constitution, an Inspired Document (NOW) Hangs by a Thread. (D&C 101: 80; D&C 98: 6) Now Happening.
13. The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold. (Matthew 24:12; D&C 15: 27) which means the increase of violence and mobs. Now Happening. As did ancient American civilization (Jaredite)(Ether 13:25-27; (Nephite) Moroni 9: 3,5)
14. Wars and Rumors of War (Satan Rages in the Hearts of Men. (Revelation 12: 6-9; Matt. 24: 6-7; D&C 45: 26; D&C 63: 32-34) Modern day weaponry (Rev. 9: 7-10;Joel 2: 1-11) The fight against Jerusalem (Zechariah 14: 12) Elder Bruce R. McConkie says Apostle John saw Biological and Atomic fallout. Also in (D&C 29: 18-19) Now happening.
15. Armageddon, The Battle against JERUSALEM. The Army attacking will be held off for 42 months by two prophets, calling down plagues and destruction on them. The prophets will be killed, lie in the streets 3 days then rise again. Getting close.
16. The world will experience a Great earthquake off the Richter scale, felt around the world.
17. The Continents will come together into one land.
18. Gathering of the Covenant People.
19. Gathering of the Dead.
20. Gathering of Judah.
21. Restoration of the Ten Lost Tribes.
22. Gathering of the Lamanites.
23. The Special Gathering at Adam-Ondi-Ahman. Jesus Christ, all prophets from Adam til now and those specifically invited.
24. The building of the New Jerusalen (Zion) by the Lamanites (supervised by Ephraim)
25. The Return of the City of Enoch. They will meet with the People of Zion.
Panic and Complacency will be happening. Adverse economic conditions will make many lose their jobs and hurt their ability to care for their families. Raging violence, much looking for food will cause fear. D&C 38-30 says; “If ye are prepared ye shall not fear”. All must take the admonitions from church leaders to be SELF SUFFICIENT, Be Prepared with FOOD STORAGE, SUPPLIES of all types, and EXTRA for others who could not. Guns to protect you families from roaming mobs. The Book of Mormon says protect your families unto bloodshed. Most of all, so you won’t be one of the mobs, have your supplies. Then you can “Stand ye in Holy Places and be not moved, til I come” (In your own home – a Holy place).
Living out a great season of my life, thanks to Jesus Christ, and two wonderful daughters, a great life's work. Loving this opportunity to share faith online...
I'm a single Mom, convert to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, second-gen Italian, from the East coast originally. Love the fine arts, dance, frozen yogurt, temples, scriptures, writing, jazz, helping others reach their potential, king salmon, ....and not in that order. God is good. I feel it deeply when people have a misconception of Heavenly Father or Jesus Christ, His Son, that lessens or cheapens Them and blinds one's ability to feel His presence or to trust in an ultimately good eternal end to life's circumstances.
Twitter • Google •